The Bicycle Casino Community Foundation Scholarships
$40,000 in scholarship awards available!
(1) ROBERT H. CARTER $5,000 RENEWABLE AWARD - (up to three years or until a bachelor’s degree is earned whichever occurs first.)
(6) NON-RENEWABLE AWARDS FOR INCOMING FRESHMEN
(1) NON-RENEWABLE AWARD FOR UNDERGRADUATES THAT ARE CURRENTLY ENROLLED IN COLLEGE
(8) LAPTOP COMPUTER AWARDS - Each scholarship recipient will also receive a laptop computer.
An applicant must: Be a high school senior who has resided within the City of Bell Gardens for one year or longer with proof of residency. Accepted documents to prove residency are utility bills, mortgage statements, or rental/lease agreements.
Be a graduate of a high school located within the City of Bell Gardens. Undergraduate applicants must submit a high school transcript for verification.
Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two-year or four-year college, university, or vocational/technical school for the entire 2020-2021 academic year.
Have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent).
Write an essay in which you imagine what you would do if you were a leader in the City of Bell Gardens. Some issues you may want to discuss include:
How you would make a difference in your community, what you would change, and how you would implement those changes.
Strong essays will describe a clear vision of how you would improve the city.
- Comprised of up to four pages
- Double Spaced
- 12-point Times New Roman Font
- Can include images, but the images will not count toward
the page limit.
Specific rules apply. See full scholarship rules for details.
February 1, 2020
March 24, 2020, 3:00 pm Central Time
Apply Online: https://learnmore.scholarsapply.org/bccf
Download flyer: Scholarship Flyer