The City Clerk is the local official that serves as a neutral liaison between residents and government, and administers democratic processes to ensure transparency to the public.
Purpose: To serve the public, City Council and staff with the highest degree of professionalism to meet the needs of the community. We value teamwork, honesty, and integrity.
Mission: To provide the best service by continually striving for increased efficiency and transparency.
Duties: The City Clerk acts as a compliance officer for federal, state and local statutes including the Political Reform Act, the Brown Act, and the Public Records Act. The City Clerk's Office:
- Prepares and disseminates meeting Agendas and Minutes;
- Maintains Citywide records, provides access to City records and maintains the Municipal Code;
- Administers fair and impartial Elections for City Council Candidates and measures, and conducts voter registration;
- Processes all Resolutions, Ordinances, Contracts, Deeds and Official Documents;
- Serves as compliance officer for Campaign Finance Disclosure and Conflict of Interest Statements, as well as AB 1234 Ethics and AB 1661 Harassment training compliance;
- Administers the Local Commissions program;
- Posts legal notices, conducts bid openings and logs claims; and
- Processes Passport Applications
Vanessa Quiroz, City Clerk Secretary
(562) 806-7704 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Sonia Gomez, Account Clerk
(562) 806-7200 • email@example.com