To continually improve the quality of life for the City's residents by providing professional, efficient and environmentally sensitive public services which promote family-oriented neighborhoods, safe and attractive work environments, and a progressive vision for the City's future.
To contact the Community Development Department:
City of Bell Gardens
7100 Garfield Avenue
Bell Gardens, CA 90201
Tel: (562) 806-7724
Fax: (562) 806-7720
* COVID19 Building, Planning, Business License & Code Enforcement Application/Plan Review and Inspection Protocol (Replaces March 17, 2020 Memorandum)
In an effort to protect City staff from contagions during this crisis, I am requesting consent to implement the following measures, which are consistent with actions that are being taken by other jurisdictions:
1. All land use entitlement, building permit and business license (new and renewal) applications and plans to the Community Development Department are encouraged to be done electronically. For anyone not able to submit electronically, submittal of applications and/or plans shall be scheduled with the Building Supervisor, Building Permit Technician and/or On-Duty Planner to be done in front of City Hall behind the front entry glass doors. Please call (562) 806-7722 or 7729 to inform staff of incoming submittals. Payments will be accepted in cash, debit, credit card or by check made payable to the “City of Bell Gardens”.
2. No interior building inspections are to occur during the City’s closure with the exception of new development and life and safety concerns.
3. For new development and life and safety concerns, contractor/property owner must have all workers step outside the job site while the inspection takes place.
4. All inspectors are to wear masks, eye protection, and gloves, during their inspection. Gloves are to be disposed of after each job site if inspector handles anything on the job site. If no handling, then gloves may be disposed of before returning to the office.
5. For all plans required on paper larger than 8-1/2”x11”, applicant is responsible for payment of printing once plans are approved and ready to be stamped. Plan pick-up shall be coordinated with staff via the same phone numbers identified in section 1 above.
Community Development Links