To continually improve the quality of life for the City's residents by providing professional, efficient and environmentally sensitive public services which promote family-oriented neighborhoods, safe and attractive work environments, and a progressive vision for the City's future.
To contact the Community Development Department:
City of Bell Gardens
7100 Garfield Avenue
Bell Gardens, CA 90201
Tel: (562) 806-7724
Fax: (562) 806-7720
* Application / Plan Review and Inspection Protocol due to COVID-19
In response to the current COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) pandemic, the following measures have been implemented until further notice:
- All entitlement and permit/license applications and plans to the Community Development Department shall be done
electronically. Please call (562) 806-7722 or 7729 to inform staff of incoming submittals. Payments will be accepted only by
check made payable to the “City of Bell Gardens” to be placed in a sealed envelope and dropped off and inserted under the
front door of City Hall.
- No interior building inspections are to occur during the City’s closure with the exception of new development and life and safety concerns.
- For new development and life and safety concerns, contractor/property owner must have all workers step outside the job site while the inspection takes place.
- All inspectors are to wear masks and eye protection, as well as gloves, during their inspection. Gloves are to be disposed of after each job site if inspector handles anything on the job site. If no handling, then gloves may be disposed of before returning to the office.
- For all plans required on paper larger than 8-1/2” x 11”, applicant is responsible for payment of printing once plans are approved and ready to be stamped. Plan pick-up shall be coordinated with staff via the same phone numbers identified in section 1 above.
Download COVID-19 Protocol: Community Development Department COVID-19 Protocol Notice (3-19-20)
Community Development Links