Welcome to the City of Bell Gardens Virtual Recreation Page! This is your place for fun, education, and resources through these unprecedented days. We are committed to ensuring that our resilient residents have the resources that will aid in maintaining healthy lives.
Visit this page often or follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter for updates and ideas to keep you and your loved ones healthy, entertained, and informed. Please note that we do not endorse or receive funds to advertise any of the third-party sites or services listed or referenced on this page.
Stay Home, Stay Active
Our daily lives will be filled with more indoor time, there are many ways to stay healthy and active.
Here are a few ideas for staying active indoors.
- Take a Virtual Fitness Class - There are plenty of FREE options online. Here are just a few:
- Do Yoga with Me - Free yoga videos
- Fitness Blender - Variety of free videos
- Nike Training Club - App filled with free fitness videos
- For the Kids
- Fitness Blender for Kids - Free fitness videos
- Cosmic Kids Yoga - Kid friendly videos
Individuals are permitted to engage in outdoor activities such as walking, hiking and running, provided the individuals comply with the Social Distancing Recommendations including maintaining at least 6’ between individuals. Here are a few ideas:
- Walk/run around your neighborhood and say hi (but remember, from a distance) to all of your neighbors who are getting outside, too.
- Go for a drive. (Pick up groceries or treats for your pet)
At Home Skill, Drills and Activities
These are website that will encourage and challenge you to stay at the top of your game or to stay connected with your favorite sports team or player.
- Jr. NBA - Get tips and challenges on basketball.
- MLS - Unites - Activities for children from most of your favorite MLS teams.
- MLB - Kids Activities - Do activities with your favorite baseball team.
- NFL Play Football - Stay active at home with NFL virtual workouts.
- Kennedy Space Center - Science and Exploration
- Aquarium of the Pacific - Marine Biology and Science
- Zoom for Kids - Science projects and experiments for kids
- Disney Family - Activity Ideas
- Switch Zoo - Animal Games
- Funbrain - Brain games 1st - 8th Grade
- National Geographic Kids - Games, Videos, Animals, Explore
- Seussville - Dr. Seuss, Games, Learn, Explore
- ABCya - Games and Activities
- Story Line - Book Reading
- Puppetry Arts - Workshops, Museum Tours & Puppet Shows
- Louvre Museum France - The world famous museum in France.
- Vatican Museum Vatican City - Public art and sculpture museums in the Vatican City.
- The British Museum - Collection spans over two million years of human history and culture.
- National Women's Museum - "Women’s distinctive history and culture in the United States.
- NASA Langley Center - Virtual tours of the Langley Research Center in Virginia.
Senior Health & Fitness
- Silver Sneakers - Low impact workouts
- Daily & Adaptable Exercise - Modified exercise movements
- Chair Yoga - For adults 50+
- Dance Moves - Movement and exercise through music
- Zumba Dance - Fitness with popular music
- Line Dancing - Dance and get fit